One of my new blog friends, Patty from My Cooking Life, has just nominated my blog for the ‘Shine On Award’! Look, isn’t it a pretty award?
As I haven’t been around in the blogosphere for very long, I was both stunned and delighted to receive such recognition. Thank you kindly, Patty.
Rules of the Award:
I believe that there are some rules to accepting this award:
- I must reveal 7 things about myself
- I must nominate 5 to 10 other bloggers around the world (and let them know about it).
- And of course I must also link to the blogger who gave me the award: Patty from My Cooking Life.
7 Things About Myself:
- I came to life on 13 November 2012 on the beautiful peninsula of Nova Scotia, off the east coast of Canada.
- I recently heard the story of a miracle dog that survived being bitten by a 3-metre long Cape cobra – I want to meet that dog!
- My favourite treats are chocolate brownies with rich chocolate icing. (Hint-hint!) (Actually, anything with chocolate would get five stars from me.)
- I love butterflies: their transformation from a ravenously hungry caterpillar into a delicate being of perfect beauty is one of the most magical things in nature.
- I can’t swim. (This may
come as a shock to you.)
- The only time I have been on an aeroplane, I was stuck in a cramped mail bag with hundreds of other letters, postcards and parcels: it was claustrophobic, I couldn’t breathe, I was hungry and thirsty. Most unpleasant. One day, I would like to fly like the rest of the passengers – able to look out the window, and to see our breathtakingly beautiful planet down below, and the vast starry sky above.
- When I have seen the whole world, and done everything I can do, and met hundreds of wonderful people, I would like to return to my home in Nova Scotia, my passport filled with stamps and my heart full of happy memories. Yes, I like to dream big.
I have not yet made many friends in the blogging world, but these are the ones I would like to nominate.
My Nominations for the Shine On Award:
- Eastern Passage Passage – Sybil (Nova Scotia)
- Five Good Things – Lynne (Nova Scotia)
- Flandrum Hill – Amy-Lynn (Nova Scotia)
- Lake Superior Spirit – Kathy (the US)
- Life with a Neurotic Cat – Rosie Bear (South Africa)
- Notes from Africa – Lisa (South Africa)
- My 2008 Blog – Birgitte (Denmark)
- Bucket List Publications – Lesley (the US)
Shine On, dear Friends!